Airship components conform to a minimal set of conventions to provide for reasonable levels of consistency.
While these documents are not an IETF RFC, RFC 2119 provides for useful language definitions. In this spirit:
- 'must', 'shall', 'will', and 'required' language indicates inflexible rules.
- 'should' and 'recommended' language is expected to be followed but reasonable exceptions may exist.
- 'may' and 'can' language is intended to be optional, but will provide a recommended approach if used.
Conventions and Standards¶
- API Conventions
- Code and Project Conventions
- Service Logging Conventions