Airship Security Guide¶
An undercloud environment deployed via Airship crosses many security domains. This guide explains many of the security concerns that have been reviewed and considered by the Airship developers. Because Airship is a highly configuration-driven platform, there is some onus on the end-user to make good decisions with their configuration.
Layout and Nomenclature¶
Each topic in the security guide will provide some overview for scope of that topic and then provide a list of tactical security items. For each item two statuses will be listed as well as the project scope.
- Project Scope: Which Airship projects address this security item.
- Solution: The solution is how this security concern is addressed in the platform
- Remediated: The item is solved for automatically
- Configurable: The item is based on configuration. Guidance will be provided.
- Mitigated: The item currently mitigated while a permanent remediation is in progress.
- Pending: Addressing the item is in-progress
- Audit: Auditing the item provides for ongoing monitoring to ensure there is no regression
- Testing: The item is tested for in an automated test pipeline during development
- Validation: The item is reported on by a validation framework after a site deployment
- Pending: Auditing is in-progress